Can You Jailbreak iPod Touch? Answer this Question Once and for All
Would you like to answer the perennial question – can you jailbreak iPod Touch? Non-techies might find it hard to see beyond their belief that iPod Touch is just a simpler version of the iPhone yet those who know better would say that they are about the same, the difference just being the iPhone’s cellular transceiver.
Unsurprisingly, iPod Touch’s home screen looks so much like an iPhone’s, only it has fewer icons – this is, of course, up until the time you install additional apps. iPod and iPhone have these things in common –
- Two types of camera with one facing forward and the other facing the rear.
- 32 or 64 GB Flash memory
- Wi-Fi capabilities
- Safari web browser
- Photo, video and audio storage and playback
- YouTube video player
- Clock and calculator apps
- Calendar and contacts that are in sync with your PC
- Through Wi-Fi, be able to access iTunes Music Store
- About 250,000 apps that can be installed from App Store through Wi-Fi or any wired PC connection.
- Earphones with microphone and remote controls
If you aren’t contented with 250,000 apps and you definitely want more, then here’s what you need to do:
• First, you need to have your iPod Touch running on 1.1.3. or 1.1.4 firmware.
• You also need to ascertain that the software you will use is compatible with the operating system that your device has.
• If you are presently using a jailbroken device, then you should restore your iPod Touch with the use of iTunes.
• Next, download iPod’s firmware file in the ipsw format. Take note that the latest version of firmware is 4.3.2. If you have a third generation iPod Touch, then you can download the firmware from this link: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-0667.20110414.95hVL/iPod3,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw
• Fourth generation iPod Touch can make use of this URL: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-0666.20110414.3QvM1/iPod4,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw
• With iPhone 4, you can make use of this URL: http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-0662.20110414.byQ84/iPhone3,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw
• After downloading the firmware, it’s time to download the jailbreak software.
• Save both files (firmware and software) to a desktop folder.
• Just run the software and then follow the promptings that are shown on your screen. Begin by backing up your device with iTunes. As soon as iTunes recognizes your device, hold down the Option key and then click on Restore.
• Open the redsn0w app and then click on the Browser button and search for the firmware file you downloaded earlier.
• Open the zip file and then click on Next.
• Select the options that you would want for jailbreaking then click on Next once more.
• Put your iPod in DFU mode, after which the device would reboot on its own. Don’t stop this process from happening. Your device has to restart in order to begin the jailbreaking process.
• This should begin the jailbreaking process and after that, just relax and the software would do everything for you.
• After the process is complete, you should already have a jailbroken device. Enjoy!
These steps are still difficult for most people to understand. If you’re one of these individuals, you need a reliable software solution that can do everything for you in just a few minutes:
This is the leading software of its kind in the industry so it would be safe to trust in it. Whether you have the earliest or the latest model of iPod, you will still be able to jailbreak it to make room for more apps. Over a hundred thousand clients are happy with this software so you should be, too!
Have your iPod jailbroken in the safest and most correct means. Visit: Jailbreak iPod Touch Software.
If you’re tired of being confined to the apps that Apple approves, then know that you can always break free. There are so many features yet to discover, all you have to do is download and you will have a jailbroken iPod device in just minutes! Visit: Can You Jailbreak iPod Touch